Here is a list of individuals and their work that has inspired me to create, continue creating.
- My Mother. I would not be the person I am today if it wasn't for her love and support, and letting me make art out of garbage. Also, unicorn costume out of silver and gold?
- Marguerite Henry - author of many novels, mostly known to me as horse books. Feed you brain with wonder and amazement; suddenly anything is possible.
- The Three Amigos - ok, movie characters really, but still individuals who inspire laughter and ridiculousness in the face of adversity. A positive attitude will change the entire way you approach any situation. If you try, it's a 50/50 chance you'll win. If you don't try, it's a 100% chance you'll lose. Then at least you can say you tried, no 'what-if's'.
- Tim Burton - the oddball characters of his imagination always steal my heart, the way they fumble through with good intentions and bloom awake.
- Beth Cavener Stichter - I first saw this image on a pinned up postcard at an art workshop. I was smitten. What did I learn? Go to workshops. Look around. Be amazed. Pursue what captures your heart. http://followtheblackrabbit.com/Cornered_Rabbit.htm
- Robin Hopper - a marvel of a man with a storied history and devoted practice. A celebrated Canadian ceramic artist who was endlessly generous with his knowledge and encouragement. http://www.chosinpottery.ca/pages/robinhopper.html
- My Friends - in every stage of my life, celebrating our individuality and imagination, creating silly scenarios and ideas. The support and inspiration they have given me is indescribable, except to speak of the utmost thanks. I would not be who I am and where I find myself today if it were not for them accompanying me on this journey of life.